New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just registered 5 minutes ago.

I didn't expect to see my real name in the list of online users at the bottom of the home page - usually a forum user's nickname is there. I like to keep my anonimity.

Edit... or in the panel on the left. Why was I asked to choose a nickname in the registration process?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    This has been commented on quite a few times. For details of how to change your display name see http://bro.ws/769124L

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, changes done

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike UK View Post
    Thanks, changes done
    but note that your real name is still obtainable via the 'Display name history' link in your profile.

Why the registration process works this way though I've no idea, even though (as noted by TonyE) this issue has been raised several times already in the last couple of weeks.

Is anyone 'high up' prepared to clarify, is this a 'known issue' / 'feature' of IP3 and if so when will it be fixed?

Or is it a management policy decision and if so why introduce such a policy?

stuck

Thanks
    I didn't expect to see my real name in the list of online users at the bottom of the home page - usually a forum user's nickname is there. I like to keep my anonimity.
    Worth you checking some time that your Real Name doesn't show when you edit a post (see your original post!). But with your nickname, people might think you have vampiric tendencies...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    "but note that your real name is still obtainable via the 'Display name history' link in your profile"

I have been trying that trick on the others who have replied to this thread, and have found that I was the only mug who used his real name in the registration process.

Oh well, we all live and learn. I'd better cancel my membership of this forum, and re-apply with a bogus name.

Thanks
    I'd better cancel my membership of this forum, and re-apply with a bogus name.
    What, even more bogus than "Spike UK"?!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    ...I have been trying that trick on the others who have replied to this thread, and have found that I was the only mug who used his real name in the registration process...
    The other people who have replied to this thread have all been members of the lounge for a long time, and registered before the new software introduced this behaviour.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd better cancel my membership of this forum, and re-apply with a bogus name.
    I'm not sure how you would 'cancel' your membership. I suspect you would have to contact an Admin and get them to delete your profile and thus eliminate you from the system.

stuck

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Spike UK:

There's no need to cancel your membership: if you want, I can change your display name to something other than your real name in the admin control panel. Please PM me if this is something that you want me to do.

Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The "real name" thing was a surprise to me as well. Good thing I used an alias to check out the forum! Stephanie, I see you're from Shoreline. I lived a couple of miles away for 6 years (Seattle) while playing football for the Huskies many years ago and somehow actually graduating from school in spite of myself!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    haha thats awesome I went to UW too! Graduated last June with a journalism degree...such a pretty campus