Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Latest release of addon to allow users of Word, Excel, & Powerpoint in Office 2000, XP, & 2003 to access Office 2007 XML file formats. See Download details: Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats for details and download.

Joe
    Joe

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a quick look but could not see what was new in this version of the compatibility pack. I wonder if this release is related to the appeal that Microsoft lost in court, resulting in them having to remove custom XML from all new versions of Word sold in the US from 11th January.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    I had a quick look but could not see what was new in this version of the compatibility pack. I wonder if this release is related to the appeal that Microsoft lost in court, resulting in them having to remove custom XML from all new versions of Word sold in the US from 11th January.
    In the Overview section:

"Update: The Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack has been updated to include SP2. Additionally, with the updated Compatibility Pack, if .DOCX or .DOCM files contain custom XML tags, those tags are removed when the file is opened in Word 2003. "

Don't know what "updated to include SP2" means. Beyond that it looks like it is to comply with the court decision.

Joe
    Joe