New Lounger
    Thanks
    I use the disk free space and size of selected files in the status bar of Windows Explorer quite frequently. I was very disappointed when I found this feature missing in Windows 7 Explorer. See the Microsoft Technet discussion thread at:

http://social.techne...d-30804c1f2d40/[^]

If you agree with this, maybe adding more replies to that thread will get Microsoft's attention.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, the XP windows explorer replacing the Win 7 explorer would be perfect for me. I keep reading that its the introduction of the Library concept that has messed everything up. The XP Explorer bar is so much more intuitive for me and does such a good job of listing related places based on current address that 7 is going to be my alternate OS until I can get it as good as XP. Screens are going wide, don't put more horizontal toolbars in, in this case the quick tasks bar, when there's plenty of room to the side and of course I don't understand making the status bar less useful and sort of combining it with the old details section from XP. Whole line selection sucks rotten eggs too, no up one level button, but it is still in the Open and Save dialog boxes and by keyboard (Alt-UpArrow I think); thanks for the confusion MS!...the more I use it, the more I go back to XP--I think 7 works just fine, but not the way I want it to as far as the Explorer goes.

Thanks
    Hence my thread Experience with a Windows Explorer replacement?.

I positively dislike the confusion of concepts with this version of Windows Explorer in what should be a simple file manager - and you still can't get the window to open at the same position and with the same size that you left it last time. Looks like we poor users have to suffer again because of someone's Brite Ideas. Grrrrh...

Some time later...
    Having ploughed through the invective in the thread pointed to above, it seems that the 'fix' for the missing disk size information is to install a SourceForge project called Classic Shell (see about 2/3ds of the way down that thread).
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...