3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is an FYI for those who bought True Image Home 2009 (PC Backup & Recovery) from NewEgg last summer when there was a rebate. NewEgg might have been an innocent participant, but Acronis pulled a bait and switch re support for XP and Win7: 2009 supports XP but to get a Win7 supported version it is necessary to upgrade to 2010, which is another $29.99 unless done within 30 days of purchase. And Acronis set the 2010 release date for Sept 15, knowing that all those who bought 2009 from NewEgg during the sale would be ineligible, because the rebate purchase date ended in early August. I called Acronis on it in plain (but polite) terms and they agreed, upon proof of purchase, to provide a key to 2010 gratis. Consider that an FYI for anyone who falls in the same fix.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    True Image Home 2009 works fine for me on Windows 7 Ultimate, both backup and restore.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That's good to hear. I'm not sure how to document it now, but that's not what their site said through the Fall, which is why I pushed the issue. Then again, the last TIH 2009 build is Nov 20, so maybe they adjusted it for Win7 without documenting it. Thanks for replying.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Seems I wasn't alone in noticing what Acronis had done: http://forum.acronis.com/forum/6239#comment-16239