Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I should also add that when I run:
    gpedit.msc

Then Go to
    Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings
    \Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\

Double click on "Shut down the system"

It is listing the groups as the *S-1-.... Also the buttons for ADD USER or GROUP and Remove are also disabled. It does not matter what admin account I am logged in, bit it local or connected to the domain.
    When comparing this woth some other groups, it does appear that the Admin & other groups may have gotten removed?

Not to bood in safe mode & see what happens, yeach!
    Stealing from one is call plagiarism, stealing from many is called research. ;-)~

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    gpedit.msc

Then Go to

It is listing the groups as the *S-1-.... Also the buttons for ADD USER or GROUP and Remove are also disabled. It does not matter what admin account I am logged in, bit it local or connected to the domain.
    When comparing this woth some other groups, it does appear that the Admin & other groups may have gotten removed?

Stealing from one is call plagiarism, stealing from many is called research. ;-)~

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    gpedit.msc

Then Go to

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    gpedit.msc

Then Go to

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    gpedit.msc

Then Go to

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    gpedit.msc

Then Go to

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    gpedit.msc

Then Go to

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, after using the MS knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

and then using the FixIt option, logging off & then a re-boot, I am now able to shutdown, restart & the other options now while logged in.

I am guessing something got fubar in the local security settings back when I could not change the password until I re-joined the domain.

That article above & it's tool basically ressets to default many of the security settings. May not be the best solution for everyone that gets into this situation, but may help.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, after using the MS knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

and then using the FixIt option, logging off & then a re-boot, I am now able to shutdown, restart & the other options now while logged in.

I am guessing something got fubar in the local security settings back when I could not change the password until I re-joined the domain.

That article above & it's tool basically ressets to default many of the security settings. May not be the best solution for everyone that gets into this situation, but may help.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast