New Lounger
    Thanks
    I installed Office 2003 Professional several years ago. Everything worked fine. Earliers last year I installed Office 2007 Home edition. Since Office 2007 did not include Micorsoft Access and Outlook I kept those two programs. The only problem is that everytime I open Outlook now I get the message that it is an illegal copy, and it is not. How can I get the error message to stop? The program runs fine when I close the message box. Thanks.

Thanks
    Ray -

Interesting. I assume the old Office 2003 was genuine, too.

I haven't heard of that one, but I'll run it by my contacts. Thanks!
    Woody

For Dummies book author, Senior Contributing Editor for InfoWorld, and long-suffering Windows victim. Check out the latest at AskWoody.com.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Holt View Post
    I installed Office 2003 Professional several years ago. Earlier last year I installed Office 2007 Home edition. Since Office 2007 did not include Micorsoft Access and Outlook I kept those two programs. The only problem is that everytime I open Outlook now I get the message that it is an illegal copy, and it is not. How can I get the error message to stop?
    If you have not done so recently, you could update the Office Genuine Advantage tool - that might make things worse for you, though they are not good now. And, taking at face value your statements that your copies of Office 2003 and 2007 are valid, and considering that pirating and hacking software is illegal and specifically against Lounge rules, there does appear to be a Registry edit that may help: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...tall-kb949810/
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS