New Lounger
    Thanks
    During a clean install of XP I screwed up and installed the OS on a partition other than C:
    Realizing this, I re-installed on C:, and formatted the wrong partition to wipe out the OS. So far so good, everything works fine, only now I am ask during boot up, which one of the two copies (I have only one installed now) of XP I want to start. It is a minor nuisance, but I have not found a way to eliminate this. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Oskar F. Neuhold

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskar Neuhold View Post
    During a clean install of XP I screwed up and installed the OS on a partition other than C:
    Realizing this, I re-installed on C:, and formatted the wrong partition to wipe out the OS. So far so good, everything works fine, only now I am ask during boot up, which one of the two copies (I have only one installed now) of XP I want to start. It is a minor nuisance, but I have not found a way to eliminate this. Any suggestions?
    You probably have two entries (accidently) in the BOOT.INI file in the root folder of your C: drive. You can edit that file with a text editor to remove one of the entries and that should stop the problem.