New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hai I am Kasinath,

I am using windows xp professional with sp-3,

My pc is compaq presario sr 1630 il, with 2GB RAM.

My anti virus application is kaspersky internet secutity 2010 with latest update,
    I am using windows defender also.
    My task bar(right hand lower side corner) always loads system clock,speaker volume,LAN 100 Mbps,unlocker assistant,Intel(R)Graphicmediaaccelerator ,kaspersky internet security,realtek sound effect,usb removable tool,windows search index.

For the last two,three times when I started the pc windows desk top gets loaded and the task bar icons when started loading ,after one or two icons loaded,
    it stays as it is not loading any more icons left, I can move my mouse,

but could not execute any command like refresh desktop,or start, in all cases mouse shows hourglass figure it stays like that.

so I have to switch of the PC ans start again , them I get everything loaded ok.

Kindly advice how to solve and get over this problem

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had a similar (and other) problems and I suspected my hard drive was failing.

I swapped hard drives and haven't had the problem for over a week now.

Both hard drives have the same software as I used the full backup data using Acronis.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    One of the loading programs is having issue in starting up or accessing the internet as required and you are having to wait for it to time out or get the connection.

Next time as it appeared to be paused, watch and see what icon pops up when becomes active. This MAY tell which program it it.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KASINSATH S View Post
    Kindly advice how to solve and get over this problem
    Hi Kasinath,
    Try going to Start>Administrative Tools>Events Viewer and look in the lists for any error messages showing, with a red X. Look particularly for any Services that show an error in startup.
    You may be able to glean some info as to what is having problems starting up.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!