Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Durham, England
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi....I have just received the newsletter from CNet Downloads and note the undermentioned freeby is available, comments please as to it's benefits & whether to download it. Cheers Dave.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave
    <img src=/w3timages/redline.gif width=33% height=2>
    True happiness is not what you have to live WITH but what you have to live FOR. ASSBG

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    20,554
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 614 Times in 550 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
    Hi....I have just received the newsletter from CNet Downloads and note the undermentioned freeby is available, comments please as to it's benefits & whether to download it.
    I played with this a bit and uninstalled it. It only detects products that are in CNET's dowload.com site. So, many of your major commercial applications won't be there. It did nothing bad to my system. I disabled the automatic startup and did manual scans when I felt like it. So, you can give it a try and see how you like.

    Joe

  3. #3
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Durham, England
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    I played with this a bit and uninstalled it. It only detects products that are in CNET's dowload.com site. So, many of your major commercial applications won't be there. It did nothing bad to my system. I disabled the automatic startup and did manual scans when I felt like it. So, you can give it a try and see how you like.

    Joe
    Thanks Joe ....I think I will give it a miss as it does not seem to be of any great advantage to have installed....Thanks Dave.
    Dave
    <img src=/w3timages/redline.gif width=33% height=2>
    True happiness is not what you have to live WITH but what you have to live FOR. ASSBG

  4. #4
    Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    St. Peters, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also tried it out when it first came out, and ended up removing it. I do recommend using Secunia Personal Software Inspector, it focuses on programs that need an update for security reasons.
    Bonnie

  5. #5
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Darlington, Durham, England
    Posts
    711
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Higgins View Post
    I also tried it out when it first came out, and ended up removing it. I do recommend using Secunia Personal Software Inspector, it focuses on programs that need an update for security reasons.
    Thanks Bonnie..... thanks for the comment, I already have Secunia installed and run it regularly, am satisfied with it's performance too. Regards Dave. a little something to brighten your day.....Amazing child
    Dave
    <img src=/w3timages/redline.gif width=33% height=2>
    True happiness is not what you have to live WITH but what you have to live FOR. ASSBG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •