3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In Word 2003, the Insert key acted as a toggle between overtype en insert mode. At the same time the word OVERTYP appeared at the bottom in the Word status bar next to other some indicators (spelling, etc).

In Word 2007 this function of the Insert key has to be set in Word|Options|Advanced|Editing Options. Unfortunately I cannot see any indicator telling me whether I am in Overtype or Insert mode.

Does anybody know how this works in Word 2007?

Regards, Teunis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Teunis View Post
    In Word 2003, the Insert key acted as a toggle between overtype en insert mode. At the same time the word OVERTYP appeared at the bottom in the Word status bar next to other some indicators (spelling, etc).

In Word 2007 this function of the Insert key has to be set in Word|Options|Advanced|Editing Options. Unfortunately I cannot see any indicator telling me whether I am in Overtype or Insert mode.

Does anybody know how this works in Word 2007?

Regards, Teunis
    Setup the Insert key in Word|Options|Advanced|Editing Options as you have described. Then, right click on the Status Bar and click "Overtype" to display the insert mode status on the Status Bar.

Added: NOTE - once you have the Insert/Overtype indicator displayed on the Status Bar, you can also simply switch modes by clicking on Overtype or Insert.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks John, very useful comment. Had not yet noticed the many options you get wen right-clicking the status bar in Word 2007, and the other Office 2007 applications.

Regards, Teunis