4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm preparing ad copy for a Cambodian/Khmer telephone directory. I don't know the language so once I'm done with the design I'm sending the file to the directory's graphics person to enter the translations. I'd like to have that person then send the file back so I can adjust formatting. The trouble is we use different graphic design programs. He has Corel and I have Illustrator, Photoshop & Pagemaker. Because as I understand Corel is vector based my best bet is to design this ad using Illustrator. What format would I save this file in that their Corel person can work with it and send it back in a way that I can still edit? Is this even possible?
    Daisy

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Corel Draw and Illustrator are similar programs and moving the files backwards and forwards should be possible and only a little bit problematic. Depending on what versions you each have there may be several interchange formats that work for both of you.

I would try by saving the file as an EPS and telling the Corel user to open the file using the 'Postscript Interpreted' filter. This should allow him to open and edit the file. If he is replacing the text then it won't matter if the text is converted to curves or not.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Corel Draw and Illustrator are similar programs and moving the files backwards and forwards should be possible and only a little bit problematic. Depending on what versions you each have there may be several interchange formats that work for both of you.

I would try by saving the file as an EPS and telling the Corel user to open the file using the 'Postscript Interpreted' filter. This should allow him to open and edit the file. If he is replacing the text then it won't matter if the text is converted to curves or not.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks