Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: Ordering Pizza

  1. #1
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Take a sad song and make it better

  2. #2
    5 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Surrey, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Jude

    Waited for a couple of minutes after clicking 'Open' but just had a blank screen, will try from work on Monday, was fancying a bit of Pizza though
    Cheers

    Steve

    Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

  3. #3
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR, USA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That link doesn't work for me either. I am running XP SP3 with IE8. Since I installed IE8, a few videos and links will not work for me (they did in IE7) and they always seem to be flash files. The link in the email tries to a open a .swf file. I get no error message - just a white screen.

    Does anyone have an idea for a fix?

    Thx.

  4. #4
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I'm on my XP SP3 Dell desktop and yes it's a .swf file and opens fine for me. Does it work if you drag/drop the link up to the address bar and it should play. I just dragged the link and dropped it on there and it auto opened and played.

    I'm using Firefox, not IE will check it in IE and see if it works there. It doesn't work in IE or Chrome, but works fine in my Firefox. In IE and Chrome it brings up a 404 error and the ACLU site which is where this originated. It auto opens in FF but not IE or Chrome. Must have to do with plug-ins because I just tried again. How To Order Pizza
    You are supposed to get "Loading" Incoming Call etc. I don't understand. I can make it work on FF but nowhere else.

    Seems like I need Adobe Shockwave Flash which oddly enough doesn't stand for shock wave flash, but Small Web Format which I never knew
    Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

  5. #5
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I got it to work in Chrome so now will try IE

    Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

  6. #6
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Eastover, NC, USA
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Works for me using Win 7 and IE. However, using XP prompts me to download Shockwave Flash Object. When I click on Save, I get "Cannot download screen sfw from www.aclu.org try later. Strange it would get the add-on from the ACLU.

    Works fine using FF though.

    JB

  7. #7
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    Works for me using Win 7 and IE. However, using XP prompts me to download Shockwave Flash Object. When I click on Save, I get "Cannot download screen sfw from www.aclu.org try later. Strange it would get the add-on from the ACLU.

    Works fine using FF though.

    JB
    I just installed IE8 took the plunge and it plays now in IE so not sure what the problem was but it works in all 3 browsers now. It's an eye-opener for sure if you can view/listen to it.

    Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

  8. #8
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Works just fine here using Opera...
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

  9. #9
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonWallace View Post
    Works just fine here using Opera...
    Fahrenheit 451 eh????? Thanks for posting

    Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

  10. #10
    4 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Jude View Post
    Fahrenheit 451 eh?????**Thanks for posting

    Hey Jude
    Sorry, I'm a bit obsessive, nothing to get burned up over though
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

  11. #11
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonWallace View Post
    Sorry, I'm a bit obsessive, nothing to get burned up over though


    Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

  12. #12
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Portland, OR, USA
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Jude View Post
    I'm on my XP SP3 Dell desktop and yes it's a .swf file and opens fine for me. Does it work if you drag/drop the link up to the address bar and it should play. I just dragged the link and dropped it on there and it auto opened and played.

    I'm using Firefox, not IE will check it in IE and see if it works there. It doesn't work in IE or Chrome, but works fine in my Firefox. In IE and Chrome it brings up a 404 error and the ACLU site which is where this originated. It auto opens in FF but not IE or Chrome. Must have to do with plug-ins because I just tried again. How To Order Pizza
    You are supposed to get "Loading" Incoming Call etc. I don't understand. I can make it work on FF but nowhere else.

    Seems like I need Adobe Shockwave Flash which oddly enough doesn't stand for shock wave flash, but Small Web Format which I never knew
    Hey Jude
    I tried dragging the link to the address bar and it still does not open. I have messed with this particular file multiple times and have not gotten anywhere.

    My flash version is 10.0.32.18. I tried to get the latest version (10.0.42.34 but it won't install and crashes the browser. Something about a protected memory error.

    I think there is some issue with Flash and IE8 but I have not been able to turn up a fix.

  13. #13
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canary Islands (Spain)
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    XP3, IE8 but using Firefox - simply clicked on "How to order Pizza" ... no problem, it opened, said loading then proceeded to play.

    Nice one - albeit a bit scary
    Economical to run but not cheap to acquire

  14. #14
    3 Star Lounger HeyJude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    332
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndy61 View Post
    XP3, IE8 but using Firefox - simply clicked on "How to order Pizza" ... no problem, it opened, said loading then proceeded to play.

    Nice one - albeit a bit scary
    Yes, scairy indeed.....Thanks for responding

    Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

  15. #15
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Jude View Post
    You know if you live in a small town and go to the same pizza place all the time, eventually they will know you this well, too.
    Carpy Diem, it's .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •