Lounger
    Thanks
    When right clicking an open folder and selecting 'New' a large list is displayed. This gets longer when more programs are installed.

I only use 'Folder' and 'Text document', so where are these entries stored so that I can remove them.

As an example the 'Start' menu has shortcuts in 'C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu'.

Reg

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    When right clicking an open folder and selecting 'New' a large list is displayed. This gets longer when more programs are installed.

I only use 'Folder' and 'Text document', so where are these entries stored so that I can remove them.
    They are stoed in the registry. Rather than poke around in there if you don't already have it, download and install TweakUI from Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP.

In TweakUI, see the Templates section.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    They are stoed in the registry. Rather than poke around in there if you don't already have it, download and install TweakUI from Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP.

In TweakUI, see the Templates section.

Joe
    On that link page it says, "PowerToys only work with U.S. English regional settings."

However in checking out the forums, UK users are using it without issues. Just was curious since poster is from UK

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better