2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an user running Small Business Office 2002 on a PC under XP. There are 2 problems with Outlook 2002
    When she does a SaveAs to create an Outlook template, there is no option to save as a .oft template format, only as a word .dot type of file. I checked this process out on another PC with the same Office suite and everything works fine.
    I tried creating the template as a .dot file and then renaming it as a .oft file but Outlook is not able to see the renamed file.
    Any suggestions?
    Also when the user executes a print command on a message with an attachment, the print out has no indication of the attachment to the email.
    Is there some configuration parameter to be set for this?
    Suggestions, please.
    Thank you
    Norman

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If Word is being used as the editor, I believe that only a "DOT" type of file can be saved.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Plutonium is correct. Outlook 2002 supports two kinds of templates, OFT and DOT. OFT templates are for use with the built-in editor, and DOT templates work when Microsoft Word is the editor. The two are mutually exclusive, and their internal file formats differ significantly; OFT is, for all practical purposes, a specially marked Outlook message file, while DOT is a specially marked Microsoft Word document.

David Gray, Chief Wizard
    WizardWrx
    Irving, Texas, USA

WizardWrx Web - Technical Articles and Free Software
    You are more important than any technology we may employ.