Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been getting the above error for the last 15/20 minutes whilst trying to access the lounge, and then trying to access any windows secrets pages via google.

Problem?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Check these links.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same error for a short time, it looks like the Lounge was temporarily overloaded.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I can understand why. Today seems to be a barn-burner of a day (WS newsletter yesterday!). Our previous max. was 984 in early December.

[attachment=87599:2010-01-08_162042.png]

[attachment=87600:2010-01-08_162058.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    I had the same error for a short time, it looks like the Lounge was temporarily overloaded.
    I thought that wasn't supposed to happen anymore?
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking33 View Post
    I thought that wasn't supposed to happen anymore?
    My thought's exactly!! I thought the bad ol' days of repeated crashes and downtime were behind us?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    I can understand why. Today seems to be a barn-burner of a day (WS newsletter yesterday!). Our previous max. was 984 in early December.
    Yes, Thanks Al. I noticed that there were over 1,000 lounging when I eventually got in, but I thought the new set-up was built to be able to handle the high volumes?

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    BTW, this is not the first time that I have experienced the 503 error recently. I have noticed it a few times within the last few weeks, but normally a second try works fine. High usage does not always appear to be a contributing factor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasNath View Post
    Yes, Thanks Al. I noticed that there were over 1,000 lounging when I eventually got in, but I thought the new set-up was built to be able to handle the high volumes?
    I had the same error for 20 minutes and then was able to log in (obviously ) I checked out about 503 server error and since I was able to access other websites, figured it was high volume. This is the first time--other than the planned shut-downs) that I haven't been able to access WSL. It was a bit disconcerting

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

Administrator
    Thanks
    The good thing about Amazon's EC2 platform is that it is easy to deploy more computing resources. BUT, you still have to deploy them. Each image that is deployed is paid for whether it is used or not. Additional charges are incurred for data transfer.

So, the admin crew has to monitor usage to see if it is an occasional blip or a true growth spurt.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    The good thing about Amazon's EC2 platform is that it is easy to deploy more computing resources. BUT, you still have to deploy them. Each image that is deployed is paid for whether it is used or not. Additional charges are incurred for data transfer.
    But there are 30 Admins listed now! - surely someone had their eye on the ball? Or is the policy to wait until the meter runs out before putting another coin in the slot?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is anyone seeing slower rendering about this time? I'm seeing it just on the Lounge, not on other open sites on FF.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    Is anyone seeing slower rendering about this time? I'm seeing it just on the Lounge, not on other open sites on FF.
    Seems normal to me (20 minutes after your post)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartR View Post
    Seems normal to me (20 minutes after your post)
    Not so sure about that, Stuart. It's now about 4 hours later and I just made a post in this forum that, after pressing the "post it" button it took about 30-45 seconds for the post to render. I'm now gonna see how THIS reply does.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    At the moment it says there are 237 on the website, but I experienced this same error about 5 minutes ago and it took a bit before I could get back in. Maybe there was an immense number of users sorting through the lounge then, I don't know. But it is weird for this to happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast