New Lounger
    Thanks

PageRef (Word 97)

I need to reference the page number of a bookmark location in another document in the same directory. PageRef does not allow a "filename or path" like IncludeText. Is there a way to accomplish this without using Master Document?

Thanks

Re: PageRef (Word 97)

First, don't even think about using a Master Document!

Check into the RD field. It may do this for you. It is used for construction of Tables of Contents across multiple documents. For more on fields, follow the links at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Fields> Web Resources - Fields</A>.

Hope this helps,
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for trying. Using RD codes was unsuccessful and I was unable to find a clue with the suggested links.

KTYorke

bstephe,
    I feel your pain... when first working with RD codes it was a real pain... they're very picky...

Make sure you have the exact path and from what I've seen I think it's case sensitive.

Also, a little trick I learned from trial and error... Open the document with the RD code in it... then from Word use File/ Open to open the document you are referencing. Click the save button and close the referenced document. Refresh the fields in the original document now... (CTRL+A, F9)
    hope that helps.
    have fun