Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've noticed that Outlook 2007, which still has what I call the older style menu structure of View, Toolbars, Customize, will reset the menu display to show only partial menu items and display the "more" down arrow. I use the View, Toolbars, Customize menu structure to check "Always show full menus". A few days later or maybe it is after each shutdown restart (I''ll have to check this) the check mark is gone and I have the short menu display once again. In response to this I navigate View, Toolbars, Customize to again reset the display the way I want it.

I noticed that Outlook 2007, in addition to the different menu structure compared to my other Office 2007 applications such as Word or Excel, Outlook 2007 now forces me to use Word as editor. OK, I think I need to go into Word and make sure that the menu settings for Word are set the way I want, with the equivalent of "Always show full menus" active. However, Word does not appear to have such a setting with the newer menu displays.

I have attached a jpg showing the obvious route to the Customize opton.

Can someone point me in the right direction so the Outlook menus always show the full array of options or entries and I am not regularly checking the little box under View, Toolbars, Customize?

TIA

Jester

[attachment=87643:OL 2007 Menus 00.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I know enough to know I don't know enough

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgpile View Post
    I've noticed that Outlook 2007, which still has what I call the older style menu structure of View, Toolbars, Customize, will reset the menu display to show only partial menu items and display the "more" down arrow. I use the View, Toolbars, Customize menu structure to check "Always show full menus". A few days later or maybe it is after each shutdown restart (I''ll have to check this) the check mark is gone and I have the short menu display once again. In response to this I navigate View, Toolbars, Customize to again reset the display the way I want it.

I noticed that Outlook 2007, in addition to the different menu structure compared to my other Office 2007 applications such as Word or Excel, Outlook 2007 now forces me to use Word as editor. OK, I think I need to go into Word and make sure that the menu settings for Word are set the way I want, with the equivalent of "Always show full menus" active. However, Word does not appear to have such a setting with the newer menu displays.
    The method you use is the method describe by Microsoft and several other links I found. You need to try to identify whether this occurs after restarting the PC or just restarting Outlook or some other circumstance.

Do you have Office 2007 SP-2 installed?

Is you Office install up-to-date with patches beyond SP-2?

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Office 2007 is at SP2, Windows update has all downloads other than 3 optional items installed. A reboot is not required as this change reverts after a closing of Outlook and starting of Outlook.

All Office 2007 apps were uninstalled today with a clean install yet the menus continue to revert back so they do not "always show full menus".

At this time I will live with it since I don't see anything in Event Viewer to help me pin down the issue.

Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Office 2007 is at SP2, Windows update has all downloads other than 3 optional items installed. A reboot is not required as this change reverts after a closing of Outlook and starting of Outlook.

All Office 2007 apps were uninstalled today with a clean install yet the menus continue to revert back so they do not "always show full menus".

At this time I will live with it since I don't see anything in Event Viewer to help me pin down the issue.

Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jester

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jester

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I followed you image above and got to the image I have attached. This is what I have and I get FULL menus at ALL menu listings within Outlook.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I followed you image above and got to the image I have attached. This is what I have and I get FULL menus at ALL menu listings within Outlook.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast