Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Whenever I click "Get more gadgets online" I try to install them, and every one gives me the following error.:

[attachment=87648:Capture.PNG]

Has anyone encountered this problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

New Lounger
    Thanks
    are u using 64 bit?. by default 64 bit will stop u downloading files that are not digitaly signed. u can usually alter this in your bios screen

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have version 6.1.7600, 32 bit.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I would suggest you do a repair install.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bill hodgskin View Post
    are u using 64 bit?. by default 64 bit will stop u downloading files that are not digitaly signed. u can usually alter this in your bios screen
    Not true. I'm using 64 bit and have no problem downloading and using gadgets.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Nicastro View Post
    I would suggest you do a repair install.
    That's kind of like killing an ant with dynamite isn't it? I could do that for every glitch, but I'd rather to fix the problem and maybe learn something in the process.
    Thanks for the quick reply though.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty K View Post
    That's kind of like killing an ant with dynamite isn't it? I could do that for every glitch, but I'd rather to fix the problem and maybe learn something in the process.
    Thanks for the quick reply though.
    Well, if you had this problem from the get-go then I suspect there is a glitch in the original install. I do intend to agree with you for the most part. Can you go to a previous restore point and try it?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Nicastro View Post
    Well, if you had this problem from the get-go then I suspect there is a glitch in the original install. I do intend to agree with you for the most part. Can you go to a previous restore point and try it?
    It's been doing it too long to roll back, so I think I'll just live without gadgets, no big deal. The only other glitch in my system is an occasional Explorer crash I've never been able to pin down. Otherwise it works perfectly so I think I should just leave it alone.

Thanks for the replies.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty K View Post
    It's been doing it too long to roll back, so I think I'll just live without gadgets, no big deal. The only other glitch in my system is an occasional Explorer crash I've never been able to pin down. Otherwise it works perfectly so I think I should just leave it alone.

Thanks for the replies.
    Rusty,
    Let me try one more time to persuade you to do a install / repair. The procedure will not remove your existing profile and will only repair any bad files. Gadgets are one of those fun things that make Win 7 "rich". Until I read your original comment I never explored the Gadget application. It's really wild. Besides the repair will most likely fix that Explorer problem. I suspect as time goes on you'll experience more glitches and will eventually force you to re-install.

Norm

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by norm201 View Post
    Rusty,
    Let me try one more time to persuade you to do a install / repair. The procedure will not remove your existing profile and will only repair any bad files. Gadgets are one of those fun things that make Win 7 "rich". Until I read your original comment I never explored the Gadget application. It's really wild. Besides the repair will most likely fix that Explorer problem. I suspect as time goes on you'll experience more glitches and will eventually force you to re-install.

Norm
    Okay, I'm game. For some reason I had "clean install" in my mind, and that's what I was rejecting. I will read up on how to do a repair install and let you know how it goes.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rusty,

Norm
    Okay, I'm game. For some reason I had "clean install" in my mind, and that's what I was rejecting. I will read up on how to do a repair install and let you know how it goes.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rusty,

Norm

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rusty,

Norm

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rusty,

Norm

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Rusty,

Norm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast