New Lounger
    Thanks

Talking

Got a problem while browsing. When I go to my Yahoo mail account and start a new email, I can't seem to bring up the insert address pop-up. Nothing happens when I click on the link. I also can't bring up a 'read' e-statement link when I'm on a secure page at my banks online banking session. Anytime I click on a link that would bring up a smaller window nothing happens.I think the problems are related, but I'm not sure how to correct them. Anybody got an idea? Thanx.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffen View Post
    Got a problem while browsing. When I go to my Yahoo mail account and start a new email, I can't seem to bring up the insert address pop-up. Nothing happens when I click on the link. I also can't bring up a 'read' e-statement link when I'm on a secure page at my banks online banking session. Anytime I click on a link that would bring up a smaller window nothing happens.I think the problems are related, but I'm not sure how to correct them. Anybody got an idea? Thanx.
    What OS are you using and do you get the same result if you use IE? What version of FF and what add-ons are you using?
    What firewall and anti-virus are you running?

To isolate if any of your add-ons could be the culprit go to Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode) and Start Firefox in Safe Mode (Start>Mozilla>Firefox (Safe Mode). This will start FF w/o any of the add-ons.

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Running XP Pro. FF 3.57 Add ons are Adblock Plus, Autocopy, AVG Safesearch, AVG security toolbar, Java quickstarter & TextAlud toolbar. AVG Pro 9.0. No other software firewall other than Windows. Haven't tried IE, Only have IE7.
    Will try Safe mode in a few minutes.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Safe mode cured it but I had to reboot to get safe mode up. I got a dialog that FF was already running but not responding. could not see any FF window though.. Know what happened? or what the adon problem is/

Thanks
    Safe mode cured it but I had to reboot to get safe mode up. I got a dialog that FF was already running but not responding. could not see any FF window though.. Know what happened? or what the adon problem is/
    I just started FF in "safe mode" which is NOT the same as rebooting your PC into "safe mode" by tapping F8 or whatever key you use for your particular brand. When I clicked Mozilla Firefox (safe mode) it took me to a screen that says FF was running in Safe Mode without any add-ons/extensions and I could continue, exit or make any of the changes in those boxes permanent etc. I chose to continue so I would see what you did. I don't understand why you had to reboot. I wasn't given an option to reboot but the FF screen opened with my home page w/o any of my normal add-ons etc. So if it cured it, then you start by re-adding your add-ons/extensions one by one until you see which one is the culprit.

To go into FF safe mode just follow these prompts--no rebooting is necessary: To isolate if any of your add-ons could be the culprit go to Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode) and Start Firefox in Safe Mode (Start>Mozilla>Firefox (Safe Mode). This will start FF w/o any of the add-ons. There are 2 options when you click Mozilla Firefox. One is just the normal icon and the other is FF (Safe Mode) and that is the one you use) Which version of FF are you using? It will show you in Help/About

Hey Jude

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Had to eboot to get to safe mode because I closed FF and then went to Start>orograms >FF Safe mode when Igot the message that FF was already running but not responding, restart system to fix, with NO visible window or icon in taskbar or tray. I rebooted and ran it if safe mode, I will try isolating the ad on that makes that thing happen. .

Thanks
    Had to eboot to get to safe mode because I closed FF and then went to Start>orograms >FF Safe mode when Igot the message that FF was already running but not responding, restart system to fix, with NO visible window or icon in taskbar or tray. I rebooted and ran it if safe mode, I will try isolating the ad on that makes that thing happen. .
    Okies. I didn't understand. I haven't used Autocopy, AVG Safesearch, AVG security toolbar, and TextAlud Toolbar. I use Avast for my antivirus but I DO use Adblock Plus along with a bunch of others and I don't have any issues.

Hey Jude

Thanks
    I'd try disabling the AVG safesearch and security toolbar; the AVG linkscanner App caused problems in the past, if they're recycling that technology ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rowlands View Post
    I'd try disabling the AVG safesearch and security toolbar; the AVG linkscanner App caused problems in the past, if they're recycling that technology ...
    Yes, it most definitely sounds like it is being recycled once again as per these results:

Google AVG Safesearch results

I would also dump Google results AVG Linkscanner

I use WOT add-on and have not experienced any slow-downs whatsoever with FF. I use alot of add-ons and extensions too, but none that affect it negatively.

Hey Jude