New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using a Wireless lan long range usb adapter from Engeniustech called EUB-362EXT product. I entered the mac address in the firmware of my router and any place in my house I can pick up a wireless signal. This device will pick up a wifi signal and amplify it so all I do is connect the EUB-362EXT unit to a strong antenna and I can pick up a signal in my basement but the router is on my second floor. I would like to use the same setup on my laptop when I am on the road because the internal wifi of the laptop is weak. I an disable the internal wifi but would like to know how I can create a a wifi network profile in my laptop that will allow me to enter the mac address of the adapter. I am using Windows XP sp2.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Plug the adaptor in to the laptop, then create a new network connection.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't think you're going to be able to use the MAC address on the road since you won't be in charge of the other end and that's going to be IP address right?

I don't know anything about the product but you should still be able to use it with any wireless same band connection based on IP; maybe use a different user profile on the road so it doesn't disturb your home network settings.