Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    I am replacing two 1GB SATA RAID hard drives with a new 750 GB SATA hard drive. It isn't a RAID. The motherboard, ASUS A8V-E Deluxe, isn't recognizing it. When I look for drivers on its web site, it only lists the RAID driver. Does this mean I can't use the new drive? If I can, where can I find the drivers or will the RAID drivers work with the SATA (non-raid) hard drive?
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Thanks
    Does the last post in ASUS A8V-E SE, new Hitachi 500gb SATA not seen in Bios shed any light?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Does the last post in ASUS A8V-E SE, new Hitachi 500gb SATA not seen in Bios shed any light?
    Yes, I did find this post but it is for an SE model and that type may accept SATA hard drives. I have the Deluxe model and that might only take SATA RAID HDs. The web site only mentions RAIDs.

Does anyone know if some motherboards are set up only for RAIDs and I won't be able to use a standard SATA hard drives? Am I stuck to only using RAID drives?
    You know it's time to diet when you push away from the table and the table moves.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I have never seen a motherboard that supports [acronym=Redundant Array of Independent Disks]RAID[/acronym] and not [acronym=Just a Bunch of Disks]JBOD[/acronym].

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartR View Post
    I have never seen a motherboard that supports [acronym=Redundant Array of Independent Disks]RAID[/acronym] and not [acronym=Just a Bunch of Disks]JBOD[/acronym].
    Well, since I replaced the RAID hard drives with the new single SATA hard drive, the motherboard canít access them. Since the only difference is the RAID archeticture, I would have to assume I need to change those RAID settings. I think they are in the PCís BIOS, which I can access but donít see any reference to it. Or in the RAIDís adapter BIOS and I havenít figured out how to look at that yet. I am hoping those instructions are in the motherboard manual.

Am I on the right track or is there something else I need to look into? I didnít think this was going to be this difficult but I guess thatís why we have forums.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega3 View Post
    Am I on the right track or is there something else I need to look into?...
    You certainly need to tell the BIOS how the drives are configured. If the motherboard thinks you have a RAID and you are just using standalone disks then that's not going to work.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You certainly need to tell the BIOS how the drives are configured. If the motherboard thinks you have a RAID and you are just using standalone disks then that's not going to work.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    The manual for the motherboard has a subheading called installing a hard drive. But this is a subheading under RAID Configuration heading. This is begining to sound like this is only for a RAID configuration. The manual also says the motherboard has an integrated RAID controller. I think I can't do this without two hard drives.

Thanks
    The manual for the motherboard has a subheading called installing a hard drive. But this is a subheading under RAID Configuration heading. This is begining to sound like this is only for a RAID configuration. The manual also says the motherboard has an integrated RAID controller. I think I can't do this without two hard drives.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast