Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Johnston View Post
    It seems one or more of us has stepped afoul of some of the unspoken rules of the old admins (there is currently no written policy requiring an admin or mod to notify a user that their post has been edited, moved, or deleted and why, even though we probably should have one) a few times and now we've got some offended, long-time Loungers to repair things with.
    Tony, the old lounge software included icons to show that posts or threads had been relocated or removed, so to some extent it was self documenting. Further, the legacy Mods and Admin (please don't call us old, I don't need to be reminded that time passes ) maintain a tradition of advising Loungers the reason for edits, moves and removals, either in-thread or by PM, with very few exceptions, and those exceptions related to obvious SPAM posts or blatant advertising (which also usually resulted in the immediate banning of the member).
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It seems one or more of us has stepped afoul of some of the unspoken rules of the old admins (there is currently no written policy requiring an admin or mod to notify a user that their post has been edited, moved, or deleted and why, even though we probably should have one) a few times and now we've got some offended, long-time Loungers to repair things with.
    Tony, the old lounge software included icons to show that posts or threads had been relocated or removed, so to some extent it was self documenting. Further, the legacy Mods and Admin (please don't call us old, I don't need to be reminded that time passes ) maintain a tradition of advising Loungers the reason for edits, moves and removals, either in-thread or by PM, with very few exceptions, and those exceptions related to obvious SPAM posts or blatant advertising (which also usually resulted in the immediate banning of the member).
    [acronym title="Gday mate!"][/acronym] [acronym title="What up Dude?"][/acronym] UTC -7±DS

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Thanks
    When I first started modding, I made a number of moves/edits without notification.
    Believe me, the loungers, VIPs and other Mods quickly straightened me out! (Ouch!)

I'd have to say that as a general rule of thumb; that the more contentious a post is the greater the necessity for the editor to make a statement about the action.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    When I first started modding, I made a number of moves/edits without notification.
    Believe me, the loungers, VIPs and other Mods quickly straightened me out! (Ouch!)

I'd have to say that as a general rule of thumb; that the more contentious a post is the greater the necessity for the editor to make a statement about the action.
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks

WebGenii Home Page

Thanks

WebGenii Home Page

Thanks

WebGenii Home Page

Thanks

WebGenii Home Page

Thanks

WebGenii Home Page

Thanks

WebGenii Home Page

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBF View Post
    Tony, the old lounge software included icons to show that posts or threads had been relocated or removed, so to some extent it was self documenting. Further, the legacy Mods and Admin (please don't call us old , I don't need to be reminded that time passes) maintain a tradition of advising Loungers the reason for edits, moves and removals, either in-thread or by PM, with very few exceptions, and those exceptions related to obvious SPAM posts or blatant advertising (which also usually resulted in the immediate banning of the member).
    When I go to edit an existing post, I see this:

[attachment=87733:Screen shot 2010-01-14 at 12.47.44 PM.png]

All admins and mods who are editing other users' posts should be using this form to publicly announce the reason why it's been edited (if appropriate - otherwise PM the member directly). When moving a thread, a placeholder should be left that points users to the new location. When deleting a post, the admin or mod should notify the poster via PM unless it is completely obvious that the post was breaking rules (spam, NSFW attachments, or hostile attacks on individuals). I'm not sure what should be done in the case of deleting an entire thread -- suggestions?

I've spoken to the admins here in the office and only Brian among us has ever edited, moved, or deleted posts or threads. It is likely that he assumed anyone involved in those threads and posts knew his reasoning and so he did not elaborate. Also, it would be very difficult to notify everyone who is watching a thread that it has been deleted and why. It is also difficult to catch all links to the deleted post that might exist elsewhere in the Lounge.

So, this is our basic [s]unwritten[/s] policy. We may still screw up occasionally, so just PM me if you see something that doesn't seem right.

Thanks,
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast