3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In Word 2007, I have specific settings for my Home>Styles>Figure Caption, specifically Verdana font, bold, and green color. I pasted a figure table from a different document (Report B), one that uses a different Figure Caption styles setting. Actually, I've been pasting a few different figure tables from Report B into Report A. So far, none of the pasted tables have changed my Styles>Figure Caption settings to that of Report B (in this case, arial blue 8pt bold font). The final table I pasted did however change the Styles>Figure Caption settings in Report A to that of Report B, from verdana green to arial blue. I don't want this stylistic change, and wonder why it occurred. Can someone please explain how I can revert my Figure Caption settings back to how I had them before? I know I can manually do so within Modify, but I am more interested in knowing if there's a simple setting that will allow me to tell Word not to enforce the Figure Caption settings from Report B onto the Home>Styles>Figure Caption settings in Report A.

Plus, it seems inconsistent of Word to allow several tables to be pasted without making this style change, only to do so within the final table I pasted.

Thanks.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben000 View Post
    In Word 2007, I have specific settings for my Home>Styles>Figure Caption, specifically Verdana font, bold, and green color.**I pasted a figure table from a different document (Report B), one that uses a different Figure Caption styles setting.**Actually, I've been pasting a few different figure tables from Report B into Report A. So far, none of the pasted tables have changed my Styles>Figure Caption settings to that of Report B (in this case, arial blue 8pt bold font). The final table I pasted did however change the Styles>Figure Caption settings in Report A to that of Report B, from verdana green to arial blue. I don't want this stylistic change, and wonder why it occurred.**Can someone please explain how I can revert my Figure Caption settings back to how I had them before?**I know I can manually do so within Modify, but I am more interested in knowing if there's a simple setting that will allow me to tell Word not to enforce the Figure Caption settings from Report B onto the Home>Styles>Figure Caption settings in Report A.

Plus, it seems inconsistent of Word to allow several tables to be pasted without making this style change, only to do so within the final table I pasted.

Thanks.
    I'm clutching at straws a little here, but one possible reason could be that your style has the "automatically update" attribute set.

Then I suppose that if the first few you pasted in were just the basic style from Report B, you might be OK, but if then the one that made the difference had had direct formatting applied to it in Report B that might then have carried over into report A, or something.*

In any case, it might be worth checking that "automatically update" attribute for the style which is generally a nuisance, and is often the cause of formatting changing unexpectedly.

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, that setting can be irritating. Thanks for the reminder.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks