Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In a PP 2003 presentation, I've inserted another PP presentation as an object into one of the slides.

Let's call the original presentation "Main" and the inserted presentation "Nested."

When I play the Main presentation, the Nested presentation is initially displayed as a smaller object within the Main slide that it was inserted into. But when I start playing Nested, it runs full-screen till it's done -- after which it's displayed again within the Main slide.

Is there a way to run the Nested presentation so that it's displayed within the Main slide while it's running?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Not from what I can find. There are many PPT add-ins availalbe and it is possible one of them would give ou that effect, but a limited web search didn't find anything.
    Wendell

Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm with Wendell, Mr. Goldstein: I don't know of any way to do that. The closest I can get you is to suggest that Nested be converted into a video file and imported as such. Then it would play at whatever size you wanted. But the inserted object's size is not significant of anything; in fact, I ask for them to come in as icons and then I drag them off the slide altogether...
    Rick Altman
    Author, "Why Most PowerPoint Presentations Suck...and how you can make them better"
    --------------------------------------------------
    www.BetterPresenting.com
    Pleasanton CA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoldstein View Post
    Is there a way to run the Nested presentation so that it's displayed within the Main slide while it's running?
    I'm in agreement with Wendell and Rick that this can not be done. What was the reason for your desire to nest the second presentation? Were you trying to reinforce visually that it is a subtopic of the Main presentation? If so, perhaps there are other methods to achieve this.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile