New Lounger
    Thanks
    My first real exposure to Windows 7 happened yesterday. I helped a friend set up his new system, which has the 64-bit version installed.

I managed to get his HP scanner working by plugging it in, and letting the OS search Windows Update for a driver.
    I tested it by using the Paint program to acquire an image from the scanner. This was successful.

Then I installed Corel Draw 11, which is not certified for Windows 7.
    It installed fine.
    It runs fine, until I try to acquire an image from the scanner.
    Then it brings up a dialogue box which says "Server Busy". The rest of the text says, "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'switch to' to activate the busy program." None of the actions work, and I can only get out of the situation by logging off in Task Manager.

The 'busy program' indicated was AVG.
    So I uninstalled AVG and tried again, with the same result except now a different program is highlighted as the 'busy program'.

What I conclude from that is that there really is no 'busy program', just a programming glitch.

Do any of you know how to fix this, other than upgrading to Corel's certified compatible version?

Dave S.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David Schellenberg View Post
    My first real exposure to Windows 7 happened yesterday. I helped a friend set up his new system, which has the 64-bit version installed.

I managed to get his HP scanner working by plugging it in, and letting the OS search Windows Update for a driver.
    I tested it by using the Paint program to acquire an image from the scanner. This was successful.

Then I installed Corel Draw 11, which is not certified for Windows 7.
    It installed fine.
    It runs fine, until I try to acquire an image from the scanner.
    Then it brings up a dialogue box which says "Server Busy". The rest of the text says, "This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Choose 'switch to' to activate the busy program." None of the actions work, and I can only get out of the situation by logging off in Task Manager.

The 'busy program' indicated was AVG.
    So I uninstalled AVG and tried again, with the same result except now a different program is highlighted as the 'busy program'.

What I conclude from that is that there really is no 'busy program', just a programming glitch.

Do any of you know how to fix this, other than upgrading to Corel's certified compatible version?

Dave S.
    If Corel 11 is trying to connect to a 32-bit driver there is no way this will work.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    If Corel 11 is trying to connect to a 32-bit driver there is no way this will work.

Joe
    I guess you're thinking of the Twain driver.

Since the Win7 computer is not mine, I haven't had a chance to play with other options, such as 'compatibility mode'.

Would that do anything for this situation?

Dave S.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd just forget about using Corel's scanner support and use the HP software for the scanner. Make sure you've gotten the latest and greatest from HP's website.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'd just forget about using Corel's scanner support and use the HP software for the scanner. Make sure you've gotten the latest and greatest from HP's website.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks