Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross Infection

Thanks
    My little brother has a desktop PC (wired) connection and a laptop working of the same router. If the laptop gets infected can it pass to his desktop. Each has a different AV, Spyware and firewall installed
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes, if they are on a shared network.
    And anyone else that is on the network.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    DaveA, he does not use laptop to access his desktop and I dont think he is on a shared network.
    P.S. did not get mail notification of your reply.

Thanks
    DaveA, he does not use laptop to access his desktop and I dont think he is on a shared network.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    The situation you describe is very common. I have three computers on my home network, all three have sharing invoked and all three are protected by anti-malware and firewall. As long as you maintain up to date definitions and scanning you should not have any problems. However, it is possible for all machines to become infected. If you want to keep both computers isolated just disable sharing. You can also change the workgroup name on one of your computers, and then they would not see each other. You would be safer, but unable to transfer files from one to another on your network.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    The situation you describe is very common. I have three computers on my home network, all three have sharing invoked and all three are protected by anti-malware and firewall. As long as you maintain up to date definitions and scanning you should not have any problems. However, it is possible for all machines to become infected. If you want to keep both computers isolated just disable sharing. You can also change the workgroup name on one of your computers, and then they would not see each other. You would be safer, but unable to transfer files from one to another on your network.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Deadeye81

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast