Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am sure this has been discussed but my searching did not yield an answer - perhaps poor choice of words. Anyway, in Add/Remove Programs there are Java, J2SE, .NET framework service packs, MSXML service packs. There are probably 15 of these all >100 Mb. Do I need them? Can I delete all but the most recent one of each? Thanks. -Bob

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am sure this has been discussed but my searching did not yield an answer - perhaps poor choice of words. Anyway, in Add/Remove Programs there are Java, J2SE, .NET framework service packs, MSXML service packs. There are probably 15 of these all >100 Mb. Do I need them? Can I delete all but the most recent one of each? Thanks. -Bob

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you uninstall them, you'll be backing out the update. In theory, you should be able to uninstall something that's an older update that's had a newer update applied, but that's not always the case.

Huh?

Sometimes, a new patch will just add to the earlier patch, and blowing out the older patch will cripple or kill the new patch (or worse - it could take your machine down). Not always, of course, but it's happened to several people I know.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you uninstall them, you'll be backing out the update. In theory, you should be able to uninstall something that's an older update that's had a newer update applied, but that's not always the case.

Huh?

Sometimes, a new patch will just add to the earlier patch, and blowing out the older patch will cripple or kill the new patch (or worse - it could take your machine down). Not always, of course, but it's happened to several people I know.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Huh?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Huh?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Huh?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Huh?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast