Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Putr Problem
    During this past week, I have downloaded Firebug to Firefox. Firebug Lite to IE8, before I downloaded this one I made a restore point. Which I went back to, because I thought the Firebug Lite was not compatible with the IE. At first, I thought that my problem was with IE, as I have both IE7 & 8, and I think both are active, not sure, they are highlighted in blue(C\). This problem seem to have started sometime after I downloaded IE8 or the Firebug tool, again not sure.

Here is a screen-shot of my Task Mgr.;
    It shows 1 explorer.exe. And 3 iexplorer.exe, running with 1 Firefox.exe.
    Screenshot4
    Like I said I thought the problem might be with Explorer, and it still might be.
    As of lately when I close the last window for Firefox, my machine start to really wind up(the fan starts laboring), my Task Manager is pegged at 100%, and it wont stop unless I end the process tree, or push the main power switch. One time I even pulled the plug on my ClearWire, and it still kept going.
    How can it be reading when it is not on-line?

This one shows the one without the I in front of explorer.
    Also would like to know which or what columns I should be watching on Task Mgr.?
    Screenshot6

I am not that computer literate, and sometimes I am right on the ball.
    I took Computer Programing way back in 77, when they were still using punch cards and just changing to
    the 5" Floppy.
    Learned; RPG, COBOL, FORTRAN. All on a System 34 IBM. As far as I know they are all out dated, as
    I have not been studying since then.

My system information is;
    OS; WINDOWS X/P PROv2002 w/ service pack 3
    Mfg; E-MACHINE
    Mod#; W3609 SN#; GCY72100 02979 machine came with Vista. I changed to XP pro, which according
    to Mfg. Voided my warranty.
    PUTR;
    Intel®
    Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz,
    1.99 GB of RAM *
    Sound card; Blaster 24bit *
    (*self installed)
    External Hardware;
    WD; 500gb
    WD; 1-TB
    Ext. Floppy, and HP CD Writer.
    Epson CX-3810 Printer
    Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Conn

Please can you give me some tips or a way to solve this.
    Jesse K

It's always something!!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Putr Problem
    During this past week, I have downloaded Firebug to Firefox. Firebug Lite to IE8, before I downloaded this one I made a restore point. Which I went back to, because I thought the Firebug Lite was not compatible with the IE. At first, I thought that my problem was with IE, as I have both IE7 & 8, and I think both are active, not sure, they are highlighted in blue(C\). This problem seem to have started sometime after I downloaded IE8 or the Firebug tool, again not sure.

Screenshot4
    Like I said I thought the problem might be with Explorer, and it still might be.
    As of lately when I close the last window for Firefox, my machine start to really wind up(the fan starts laboring), my Task Manager is pegged at 100%, and it wont stop unless I end the process tree, or push the main power switch. One time I even pulled the plug on my ClearWire, and it still kept going.

Also would like to know which or what columns I should be watching on Task Mgr.?
    Screenshot6

I took Computer Programing way back in 77, when they were still using punch cards and just changing to
    the 5" Floppy.
    Learned; RPG, COBOL, FORTRAN. All on a System 34 IBM. As far as I know they are all out dated, as

Mfg; E-MACHINE
    Mod#; W3609 SN#; GCY72100 02979 machine came with Vista. I changed to XP pro, which according
    PUTR;
    Intel®
    Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz,
    1.99 GB of RAM *
    (*self installed)
    External Hardware;
    WD; 500gb
    WD; 1-TB
    Epson CX-3810 Printer

Jesse K

It's always something!!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Putr Problem

Screenshot4

Screenshot6

the 5" Floppy.

Mfg; E-MACHINE
    PUTR;
    Intel®
    Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz,
    1.99 GB of RAM *
    (*self installed)
    External Hardware;
    WD; 500gb
    WD; 1-TB
    Epson CX-3810 Printer

Jesse K

It's always something!!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Putr Problem

Screenshot4

Screenshot6

the 5" Floppy.

Mfg; E-MACHINE
    PUTR;
    Intel®
    Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz,
    1.99 GB of RAM *
    (*self installed)
    External Hardware;
    WD; 500gb
    WD; 1-TB
    Epson CX-3810 Printer

Jesse K

It's always something!!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Putr Problem

Screenshot4

Screenshot6

the 5" Floppy.

Mfg; E-MACHINE
    PUTR;
    Intel®
    Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz,
    1.99 GB of RAM *
    (*self installed)
    External Hardware;
    WD; 500gb
    WD; 1-TB
    Epson CX-3810 Printer

Jesse K

It's always something!!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Putr Problem

Screenshot4

Screenshot6

the 5" Floppy.

Mfg; E-MACHINE
    PUTR;
    Intel®
    Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz,
    1.99 GB of RAM *
    (*self installed)
    External Hardware;
    WD; 500gb
    WD; 1-TB
    Epson CX-3810 Printer

Jesse K

It's always something!!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Putr Problem

Screenshot4

Screenshot6

the 5" Floppy.

Mfg; E-MACHINE
    PUTR;
    Intel®
    Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz,
    1.99 GB of RAM *
    (*self installed)
    External Hardware;
    WD; 500gb
    WD; 1-TB
    Epson CX-3810 Printer

Jesse K

It's always something!!!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Putr Problem

Screenshot4

Screenshot6

the 5" Floppy.

Mfg; E-MACHINE
    PUTR;
    Intel®
    Celeron® D CPU 3.33GHz,
    1.99 GB of RAM *
    (*self installed)
    External Hardware;
    WD; 500gb
    WD; 1-TB
    Epson CX-3810 Printer

Jesse K

It's always something!!!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    The multiple instances on IE are nothing to worry about. That is an architectural change used to isolate tabs so a problem in a tab most likely will not cause all of IE to terminate just the tab with the problem.

When you installed IE 8 it replaced IE 7. You do not have both installed concurrently.

If you are having to use Task Manager to terminate a Firefox process it is most likely a Firefox addon that is causing the problem. I'd uninstall the last one you installed.

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    The multiple instances on IE are nothing to worry about. That is an architectural change used to isolate tabs so a problem in a tab most likely will not cause all of IE to terminate just the tab with the problem.

When you installed IE 8 it replaced IE 7. You do not have both installed concurrently.

If you are having to use Task Manager to terminate a Firefox process it is most likely a Firefox addon that is causing the problem. I'd uninstall the last one you installed.

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks

Joe
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks

Joe
    Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast