Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Office 2002 and I am trying to combine a date field with text on a report.

I want the text field on the report to read something like this:

On Saturday, January 2, 2010, we had a snowstorm.

Code I was using is ="On "& [Date] &", we had a snowstorm."

I can combine the date field into the text field but I can not get the date to appear in Long Date format. It comes up 01/02/2010. I have tried changing format settings on both the date field and on the text field and in the table that the date comes from. No luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm using Office 2002 and I am trying to combine a date field with text on a report.

I can combine the date field into the text field but I can not get the date to appear in Long Date format. It comes up 01/02/2010. I have tried changing format settings on both the date field and on the text field and in the table that the date comes from. No luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Paul

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Change the control source for this textbox to:

="On "& Format([Date], "Long Date") &", we had a snowstorm."

Note that Date is a reserved word in Access and not the best choice of name for a date field. Also, how Long Date displays is entirely dependent on the settings for Long Date in Regional Settings in Control Panels. You could also specify exact formatting rather than Long Date, e.g. "mmm d, yyyy" which would give you January 2, 2010 or "dddd, mmm d yyyy" which will give you Saturday, January 2, 2010 as you indicate.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Note that Date is a reserved word in Access and not the best choice of name for a date field. Also, how Long Date displays is entirely dependent on the settings for Long Date in Regional Settings in Control Panels. You could also specify exact formatting rather than Long Date, e.g. "mmm d, yyyy" which would give you January 2, 2010 or "dddd, mmm d yyyy" which will give you Saturday, January 2, 2010 as you indicate.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast