Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks
    I have quite a challenge. My WinXP installation developed severe corruption and died, before I could back up some Registry settings. The drive is still readable, but Windows won't start, no way, no how. I have the five files that make up the Registry -- is there any way to read Outlook Express account information from them?

I tried placing them into position in another WinTel box and the system did boot, but the system was confused about many things, and the Internet Accounts Manager section of CURRENT_USER did not appear.

Grateful for any ideas...

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have quite a challenge. My WinXP installation developed severe corruption and died, before I could back up some Registry settings. The drive is still readable, but Windows won't start, no way, no how. I have the five files that make up the Registry -- is there any way to read Outlook Express account information from them?

I tried placing them into position in another WinTel box and the system did boot, but the system was confused about many things, and the Internet Accounts Manager section of CURRENT_USER did not appear.

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

Lounger
    Thanks

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

Lounger
    Thanks

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

Lounger
    Thanks

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

Lounger
    Thanks

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

Lounger
    Thanks

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

Lounger
    Thanks

Rick A.
    Pleasanton CA

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You aren't going to get that kind of information from the Registry but you don't have to have windows running to extract the Outlook Express files (provided they did not get corrupted) and move and substitute them in a working system. Hooking that system drive up to another system or using a Linux boot disc with a windows file explorer utility will allow you to go to the most likely place to find the .dbx files (or just search for *.dbx) in the Documents and Settings>user name>Local Settings>Application Data>Identities>(weird alpha-numeric filename)>Microsoft>Outlook Express folder.

If you find them, then on a working system you would run a new instance of OE (in a new user profile if needed) to create that default location and then displace the files in that pathway directory with those you recovered.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You aren't going to get that kind of information from the Registry but you don't have to have windows running to extract the Outlook Express files (provided they did not get corrupted) and move and substitute them in a working system. Hooking that system drive up to another system or using a Linux boot disc with a windows file explorer utility will allow you to go to the most likely place to find the .dbx files (or just search for *.dbx) in the Documents and Settings>user name>Local Settings>Application Data>Identities>(weird alpha-numeric filename)>Microsoft>Outlook Express folder.

If you find them, then on a working system you would run a new instance of OE (in a new user profile if needed) to create that default location and then displace the files in that pathway directory with those you recovered.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast