Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Automate Task

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a task in Outlook 2007 which runs an Access query.
    The user of that machine completes the task every time she turns on her PC on each morning.
    The task puts a text file on the server which I can access from 10 miles away.

My question is, can I automate this task instead of the user having any intervention.
    This way, I can possibly have the task run every hour or so in the background.

I'm not used to Outlook so any help would be appreciated.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    The user of that machine completes the task every time she turns on her PC on each morning.

My question is, can I automate this task instead of the user having any intervention.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by D Willett View Post
    I have a task in Outlook 2007 which runs an Access query. The user of that machine completes the task every time she turns on her PC on each morning.
    The task puts a text file on the server which I can access from 10 miles away.I'm not used to Outlook so any help would be appreciated.
    It sounds like you can automate the task directly in Access, and have your Access code save the file to the server, possibly without using Outlook at all. And you could instance Outlook and have it send a message that the file has been saved (if you even need that step). What exactly does the Task do? Does it just remind the user to run the query?

Loungers in this Forum will be happy to help you with Outlook, but you might try rephrasing the question and posting it in the Access Forum to see if there's an even more direct solution.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a task in Outlook 2007 which runs an Access query. The user of that machine completes the task every time she turns on her PC on each morning.
    The task puts a text file on the server which I can access from 10 miles away.I'm not used to Outlook so any help would be appreciated.
    It sounds like you can automate the task directly in Access, and have your Access code save the file to the server, possibly without using Outlook at all. And you could instance Outlook and have it send a message that the file has been saved (if you even need that step). What exactly does the Task do? Does it just remind the user to run the query?

Loungers in this Forum will be happy to help you with Outlook, but you might try rephrasing the question and posting it in the Access Forum to see if there's an even more direct solution.
    UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

UTC -7ąDS

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast