Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have many XP systems and one Win 7 system that I'm trying to use as 'the one to bind them all.' Sometimes when trying to copy or open a file/folder from a shared place on an XP system I get the 'cannot-must have admin permission-access denied' error popup. I'm just using simple sharing on all the XP systems.

IF I go to the the XP system that brought up the error popup in 7 and add sharing directly to the folder I'm trying to access from 7 then it works fine so I assume sharing works fine and is set up correctly, but 7 seems to miss the hierarchical shared master folder containing the folder I'm trying to access.

So I'm wondering if I'm missing something here that would make it work all the time without having to share the subfolder as well or does Win 7 just occasionally miss the boat and cannonball the water?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have many XP systems and one Win 7 system that I'm trying to use as 'the one to bind them all.' Sometimes when trying to copy or open a file/folder from a shared place on an XP system I get the 'cannot-must have admin permission-access denied' error popup. I'm just using simple sharing on all the XP systems.

IF I go to the the XP system that brought up the error popup in 7 and add sharing directly to the folder I'm trying to access from 7 then it works fine so I assume sharing works fine and is set up correctly, but 7 seems to miss the hierarchical shared master folder containing the folder I'm trying to access.

So I'm wondering if I'm missing something here that would make it work all the time without having to share the subfolder as well or does Win 7 just occasionally miss the boat and cannonball the water?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Byron,
    If you are using XP Pro, have you checked the permissions for your XP folders you want to share on the network?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Hi Byron,
    If you are using XP Pro, have you checked the permissions for your XP folders you want to share on the network?
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Hi Byron,
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Hi Byron,
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Hi Byron,
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Hi Byron,
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Hi Byron,
    Deadeye81

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast