Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    In selected folders, such as C:\users\all users\microsoft\windows\startmenu\programs, right clicking on a file or folder causes windows explorer to crash. I spent about four hours on the phone with two MS support personnel, at the conclusion of which I thought the problem was solved. Wrooong. I can ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-x, etc.on those folders or files, but performing those functions by right clicking consistently causes explorer to crash.

Naturally, I am reluctant to try again with Microsoft, having better things to do with four hours of my time, but it is annoying. Anyone have any ideas?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    In selected folders, such as C:\users\all users\microsoft\windows\startmenu\programs, right clicking on a file or folder causes windows explorer to crash. I spent about four hours on the phone with two MS support personnel, at the conclusion of which I thought the problem was solved. Wrooong. I can ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-x, etc.on those folders or files, but performing those functions by right clicking consistently causes explorer to crash.

Naturally, I am reluctant to try again with Microsoft, having better things to do with four hours of my time, but it is annoying. Anyone have any ideas?

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    Hi Torrey,

I'm just throwing out some ideas here. Have you checked Device Manager and looked at the mouse properties? If any conflicts show then that could possibly be the cause. Also, did your mouse come with a specific configuration software program? If so, it may have been corrupted. If you did install a mouse configuration program then uninstall to see if that helps.

If you have another mouse, try it to see if the problem is still there.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Hi Torrey,

I'm just throwing out some ideas here. Have you checked Device Manager and looked at the mouse properties? If any conflicts show then that could possibly be the cause. Also, did your mouse come with a specific configuration software program? If so, it may have been corrupted. If you did install a mouse configuration program then uninstall to see if that helps.

Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Hi Torrey,

Deadeye81

Thanks
    Hi Torrey,

Deadeye81

Thanks
    Hi Torrey,

Deadeye81

Thanks
    Hi Torrey,

Deadeye81

Thanks
    Hi Torrey,

Deadeye81

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast