Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Profile page

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    There are 2 different photos that can be added. The first is called the head shot, which is the avatar that you see displayed in the posts. In your case that is the tomato that you see in your posts.

The second is called the profile photo, currently there is a bug in the forum software that prevents you from adding a profile photo. Once the bug is fixed you will be able to change the photo shown when you view your profile. For details of how to do that see the first part of this post - http://bro.ws/770076L

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tony hi.. thanks so very much..for your reply and info.
    I'll just give you all time to get the bug fixed then I'll be back, making the change needed.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Suny

" Live .. Love .. Laugh "

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Moved this thread from Scuttlebutt to Lounge Matters.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Brian Livingston
    To update this issue, the bug that is preventing members from uploading profile photos (as opposed to head shots) seems to be deep within the software platform and has not proven easy to correct. To fix the problem, Windows Secrets developers plan to install Invision Power Board's long-awaited .5 patch this week. If that does not correct the issue, we'll have to attempt real surgery.

In the meantime, as a workaround, we have removed from the "verification" message that new members receive the suggestion that they upload a profile photo. This suggestion will be added back in as soon as the bug has been fixed. We could then post a Lobby Announcement asking members to fill in all their personal information, including a profile photo. Also, we may be able to programmatically copy a member's head shot image to the profile image for new Registered Loungers (since the problem began some time in December 2009) who were not able to upload a profile photo.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dave....Thanks.. for your move...
    sorry I posted on the wrong page.
    I'll watch this thread here now.
    Thanks to each for your replies.
    Suny

" Live .. Love .. Laugh "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12