Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks
    I am a newbie when you using an external hard drive for backups. I am on the verge of purchasing a Toshiba 500 GB external hard drive which has its own backup software - NTI Backup Now EZ. The question I have is this: Must this software be used when backing up? I would prefer to manually backup with Karen's Replicator. In other words, do I have the option to NOT install this software, or is it just installed automatically? Any info is appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I am a newbie when you using an external hard drive for backups. I am on the verge of purchasing a Toshiba 500 GB external hard drive which has its own backup software - NTI Backup Now EZ. The question I have is this: Must this software be used when backing up? I would prefer to manually backup with Karen's Replicator. In other words, do I have the option to NOT install this software, or is it just installed automatically? Any info is appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Chace View Post
    All backup software I have seen pre-installed on external USB hard drives has been available to use or ignore based on user preference. I have several WD 2.5 and 3.5 external hard drives and have deleted the backup software because, like you I prefer to use another backup package. That said, if I bought the Toshiba drive I would take a serious look at the NTI Backup software because it appears to be far and away better than any of the WD backup software I have seen.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    All backup software I have seen pre-installed on external USB hard drives has been available to use or ignore based on user preference. I have several WD 2.5 and 3.5 external hard drives and have deleted the backup software because, like you I prefer to use another backup package. That said, if I bought the Toshiba drive I would take a serious look at the NTI Backup software because it appears to be far and away better than any of the WD backup software I have seen.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Deadeye81

Thanks
    Deadeye81

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast