Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been thinking about purchasing a new computer. All my current software is 32 bit stuff, and I would like to contiune to use most of it for a while ,but still provide for the future use of 64 bit software as it comes onto the market. I understand from Microsoft's product statements that it is possible to download a plug-in from its web site for the Microsoft 7 Pro OS (I think they call it a virtual XP Mode.) that would give my new PC a 32 bit capablity in addition to the "standard" 64 bit capabilty. QUESTION: Has anyone tried downloading and using the XP mode? IF SO, What do you think of it, and what issues must I be concerned about?

Respectfully,

Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been thinking about purchasing a new computer. All my current software is 32 bit stuff, and I would like to contiune to use most of it for a while ,but still provide for the future use of 64 bit software as it comes onto the market. I understand from Microsoft's product statements that it is possible to download a plug-in from its web site for the Microsoft 7 Pro OS (I think they call it a virtual XP Mode.) that would give my new PC a 32 bit capablity in addition to the "standard" 64 bit capabilty. QUESTION: Has anyone tried downloading and using the XP mode? IF SO, What do you think of it, and what issues must I be concerned about?

Respectfully,

Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

New Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles H Henderson View Post

Respectfully,

Chuck

Chuck,

I'm doing exactly that. Most everything works in 64 bit mode. For those few "old" programs that I refuse to give up I use in XP mode. Not the most convenient solution but the virtual mode stays up until you shut it down and you keep using Win 7 in 64 bit mode.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

Chuck,

I'm doing exactly that. Most everything works in 64 bit mode. For those few "old" programs that I refuse to give up I use in XP mode. Not the most convenient solution but the virtual mode stays up until you shut it down and you keep using Win 7 in 64 bit mode.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

Chuck,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

Chuck,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

Chuck,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

Chuck,

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Respectfully,

Chuck

Chuck,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast