Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    Issue: My grandmother picked up a new PC over Christmas. She has Windows 7 and when it shuts down the hard drive stops, but it leaves the keyboard, mouse, internal card reader, and installed network card lit up/powered. She has to flip the switch on the power supply at the back of the PC to get them to turn off. I assumed she was just setting it to hibernate or sleep or something like that, but she's not. She is shutting it down properly, she just can't get everything to actually turn off. This happens in safe mode as well, and it has also been happening since she bought the PC, before installing any third party programs.

My best guess was a setting in Windows, or maybe some weird setting in her bios (she says she has an Nvidia Asrock motherboard), but I can't find any suggestions or similar issues online that help. Anyone have any ideas?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Issue: My grandmother picked up a new PC over Christmas. She has Windows 7 and when it shuts down the hard drive stops, but it leaves the keyboard, mouse, internal card reader, and installed network card lit up/powered. She has to flip the switch on the power supply at the back of the PC to get them to turn off. I assumed she was just setting it to hibernate or sleep or something like that, but she's not. She is shutting it down properly, she just can't get everything to actually turn off. This happens in safe mode as well, and it has also been happening since she bought the PC, before installing any third party programs.

My best guess was a setting in Windows, or maybe some weird setting in her bios (she says she has an Nvidia Asrock motherboard), but I can't find any suggestions or similar issues online that help. Anyone have any ideas?

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

New Lounger
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Check the settings for the the Shut Down button.
    Right click " Shut Down" button and select properties. There you will see a drop down list, and select "Shut Down".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Right click " Shut Down" button and select properties. There you will see a drop down list, and select "Shut Down".

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast