Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, bear with me, I'm doing this for my wife. A small office, 2 computers both running XP Pro. Computer A (the primary computer) is running Office XP, Computer B (reception desk) is running Office 2000. Both computers are on a LAN. My wife creates schedules on comp. A and e-mails them to comp. B where they are updated during the day and e-mailed back to her at lunch and again at the end of the day. She then saves every individual schedule under a different name while also incorporating changes into the master schedule. Once the additions are entered, she saves the file. Then when she goes back into the file, the screen is blank. The copy isn't there and there is no blank form either. The screen is just dark. Also, is there a better way to do this? We use quickbooks and they have a multiuser mode, is this possible with Office? Thanks for looking

Urge

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, bear with me, I'm doing this for my wife. A small office, 2 computers both running XP Pro. Computer A (the primary computer) is running Office XP, Computer B (reception desk) is running Office 2000. Both computers are on a LAN. My wife creates schedules on comp. A and e-mails them to comp. B where they are updated during the day and e-mailed back to her at lunch and again at the end of the day. She then saves every individual schedule under a different name while also incorporating changes into the master schedule. Once the additions are entered, she saves the file. Then when she goes back into the file, the screen is blank. The copy isn't there and there is no blank form either. The screen is just dark. Also, is there a better way to do this? We use quickbooks and they have a multiuser mode, is this possible with Office? Thanks for looking

Urge

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Urge

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Urge

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Urge

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Urge

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Urge

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Urge

Thanks
    I think this is really a networking question - not an excel question.
    She would be best served by saving her files on a shared directory on one of the machines. Then they could be accessed from either computer.
    If you would like to pursue more information on how to set up a shared directory, I can move this thread to the XP forum. Let me know.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    She would be best served by saving her files on a shared directory on one of the machines. Then they could be accessed from either computer.
    If you would like to pursue more information on how to set up a shared directory, I can move this thread to the XP forum. Let me know.
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    WebGenii Home Page

Thanks
    WebGenii Home Page

Thanks
    WebGenii Home Page

Thanks
    WebGenii Home Page

Thanks
    WebGenii Home Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast