Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Access 2007
    Outlook 2007
    I have an access database from which I would like to send a mail out to recipients to have them check a specific records details.
    In Access I have all but completed the procedure which uses the /cmd switch to pass known variable on opening the database.

The difficulty now comes when sending the shortcut to the recipient in form of e-mail via outlook.

the shortcut format is same as a shortcut link with the relevant /cmd switch and variable:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE" "S:\Databases\FileListing.accdb" /cmd "abc123"

But when I try and use that in outlook I don't get the formatting nor hyperlink retained correctly.

Any pointers as to best way to go about this please?
    Thanks
    Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Access 2007
    Outlook 2007
    I have an access database from which I would like to send a mail out to recipients to have them check a specific records details.
    In Access I have all but completed the procedure which uses the /cmd switch to pass known variable on opening the database.

The difficulty now comes when sending the shortcut to the recipient in form of e-mail via outlook.

the shortcut format is same as a shortcut link with the relevant /cmd switch and variable:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE" "S:\Databases\FileListing.accdb" /cmd "abc123"

But when I try and use that in outlook I don't get the formatting nor hyperlink retained correctly.

Thanks
    Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Access 2007
    Outlook 2007

Thanks
    Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Access 2007
    Outlook 2007

Thanks
    Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Access 2007
    Outlook 2007

Thanks
    Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Access 2007
    Outlook 2007

Thanks
    Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Access 2007
    Outlook 2007

Thanks
    Alan

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    MS Access 2007
    Outlook 2007

Thanks
    Alan

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I take it this is a follow up to your December thread http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...dpost&p=806061 in the Access forum. Are you using Automation in Access to generate the email? If so, you may need to specify that the email type be HTML or RTF and not the basic text that is the default in such cases.
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I take it this is a follow up to your December thread http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...dpost&p=806061 in the Access forum. Are you using Automation in Access to generate the email? If so, you may need to specify that the email type be HTML or RTF and not the basic text that is the default in such cases.
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Wendell

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Wendell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast