Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You are getting different result than I am.
    If I enter anything into the Fast Reply and the Switch, the Post Preview area appears.
    If I click in the Fast Reply and then immediately click the switch to full, there is no preview, since there is nothing to preview.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If I enter anything into the Fast Reply and the Switch, the Post Preview area appears.
    If I click in the Fast Reply and then immediately click the switch to full, there is no preview, since there is nothing to preview.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarron View Post
    This is exactly the same behavior I see.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
    I've just tested that, by beginning with the Fast Reply function, switched to Full Editor mode, and note that the Preview panel is not automatically displayed and populated.
    [snip]
    As mentioned by mbarron and Tony J. the Post Preview area is shown if you switch to the full editor after starting a reply. It "carries over" what you have already typed, as if you had started with the Full Editor and used the "Preview post" button.

In my opinion there is no direct need to rename the "Switch button"; if someone decides that they need the Full Editor and are going to put some more time into writing the post, they will get what they always have in the Full Editor, including a "Preview pane" (Post Preview area).

Having a preview in the Fast Reply wouldn't be a "fast reply", but that can of course be good sometimes; but then, if replying to the thread, why not use the "Add your reply" button as mentioned by Christopher.

Also, when using Fast Reply people should know that their reply is to the thread, to the OP; and if s/he has notifications enabled, s/he will get a notification about the post. This is not obvious in "Standard" thread display mode, but in Outline view. So if someone would like to comment a reply, instead of the OP, I think it's better to use the "Quote within reply" button, with or without a lengthy quote.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    As mentioned by mbarron and Tony J. the Post Preview area is shown if you switch to the full editor after starting a reply. It "carries over" what you have already typed, as if you had started with the Full Editor and used the "Preview post" button.

In my opinion there is no direct need to rename the "Switch button"; if someone decides that they need the Full Editor and are going to put some more time into writing the post, they will get what they always have in the Full Editor, including a "Preview pane" (Post Preview area).

Having a preview in the Fast Reply wouldn't be a "fast reply", but that can of course be good sometimes; but then, if replying to the thread, why not use the "Add your reply" button as mentioned by Christopher.

Also, when using Fast Reply people should know that their reply is to the thread, to the OP; and if s/he has notifications enabled, s/he will get a notification about the post. This is not obvious in "Standard" thread display mode, but in Outline view. So if someone would like to comment a reply, instead of the OP, I think it's better to use the "Quote within reply" button, with or without a lengthy quote.
    All well and good, if one assumes that the user knows that the Preview sub-function exists, and how to access it.

However, based on my 50 years experience with computers and their users, I can attest to the fact that very many will never tinker with all of the buttons, dials and levers so as to discover this feature. Therefore, IMO, such assumption should not be made.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbarron View Post
    As my previous test consisted of a single sample - in which content was in fact entered into Fast Reply prior to switching - I've re-tested this multiple times, and am getting inconsistent results.

I.e., sometimes the content already entered is Previewed; sometimes, not.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234