Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks
    I regularly open two Excel workbooks from email attachments and want to move one of them to a second screen.

In Word, if I open a second document, I can drag that whole document to the second screen using the title bar of that document's window. In Excel, if I open a second document, I don't seem to be able to do this. I seem to be "bound" by the original Excel window.

Example: I open two Excel workbooks in the left hand screen. I then have to resize the second workbook so that I can see that workbook's window borders. I then drag the right border across to the right hand screen, then the left border so that the whole window appears on the right hand screen. Hope this makes sense!

Is there any way I can force Excel to open in a state whereby I can drag the whole window across to the second screen, as in Word? These files are huge, so displaying "Side by Side" on the same screen is not an option unfortunately.

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I regularly open two Excel workbooks from email attachments and want to move one of them to a second screen.

In Word, if I open a second document, I can drag that whole document to the second screen using the title bar of that document's window. In Excel, if I open a second document, I don't seem to be able to do this. I seem to be "bound" by the original Excel window.

Example: I open two Excel workbooks in the left hand screen. I then have to resize the second workbook so that I can see that workbook's window borders. I then drag the right border across to the right hand screen, then the left border so that the whole window appears on the right hand screen. Hope this makes sense!

Is there any way I can force Excel to open in a state whereby I can drag the whole window across to the second screen, as in Word? These files are huge, so displaying "Side by Side" on the same screen is not an option unfortunately.

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Lounger
    Thanks

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm not certain that I am understanding you correctly.......

Do you mean that you want each workbook to be opened in a new window? If so, TOOLS | OPTIONS | VIEW (pane) | (check) WINDOWS IN TASKBAR.

[attachment=87744:Windows in Taskbar.GIF]

My apologies if I have misunderstood you.

Regards
    Nathan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Do you mean that you want each workbook to be opened in a new window? If so, TOOLS | OPTIONS | VIEW (pane) | (check) WINDOWS IN TASKBAR.

Regards
    Nathan

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Regards
    Nathan

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Regards
    Nathan

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Regards
    Nathan

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Regards
    Nathan

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Regards
    Nathan

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast