Lounger
    Thanks

mailbox folders (2000)

I have installed Outlook 2000 on one of the office computers and now I can't send any email. I receive the error message that the mailbox folders are too full, to delete file items or see system administrator.
    I set all the folders for no limit on on the folder size and am puzzled by this error.
    Any help for me.
    Thanks.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mailbox folders (2000)

The mail server admin. may have server side rules turning off send and/or recieve when your mailbox hits a certain size. It's a bit of a coincidence that this kicked in at the same time you upgraded, but it's worth checking.

There's also a limit to the number of items that can sit in the sent items folder. (I don't remember what it is) Click on the sent items folder then check the status bar at the bottom of the screen. Try deleting some old stuff, and then sending a test message.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: mailbox folders (2000)

Thanks.
    There was an entry created in the Journal folder every time I accessed a Word doc and therefore amassed over 25000 files which was well over the limit of the Exchange Server mailboxes.
    After deleting the files, Outlook has returned to normal and am now able to send and receive.