3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Using Word 2007. I have a heavily revised document and want to accept all instances of specific terms, such as system names. These names appear throughout the document, and will take awhile to locate and accept if I manually select each one. I cannot do a global accept all for all changes in the document though. I don't see any options in Review>Changes to enter specific text to be accepted.

Does anyone know if Word 2007 offers this option, or any more efficient method for accepting multiple instances of specific text without accepting other changes?

Thanks.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ben000 View Post
    Using Word 2007.**I have a heavily revised document and want to accept all instances of specific terms, such as system names. These names appear throughout the document, and will take awhile to locate and accept if I manually select each one.**I cannot do a global accept all for all changes in the document though.**I don't see any options in Review>Changes to enter specific text to be accepted.

Does anyone know if Word 2007 offers this option, or any more efficient method for accepting multiple instances of specific text without accepting other changes?

Thanks.
    I don't think you can do that, but how about (1) turn off tracking changes for a minute (2) do a find and replace for the term you want to accept, for instance if the term is Lounge you enter Lounge in both the Find and Replace boxes, and click on Replace all. (3) Turn tracked changes back on when you have done that.

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good idea. Thanks.