New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is anyone having this problem? Thunderbird worked OK at first and over time started giving error "Sending of message failed. Please verify that your Mail & Newsgroups account settings are correct and try again." finally degrading where the new 3.5 version won't even send mail. I don't even have a cursor in the body to write a message.

I can restart in XP Pro 32bit and both the 2.0 and new 3.5 ver works OK. I have the same profile for 32 located on Drive c: & 64 located on Drive D: with common mail folder being on drive F: I installed 2.0 version on Win7 64 and it will send, reply, & forward mail in the text mode, sometime it will not send a reply or forward mail unless I remove the original message in HTML mode.

Any ideas.

Larry

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My wife is running Thunderbird on Windows 7 without problems, but then she is running 32-bit.

If you re-establish your email account does it start working? Do you have multiple accounts and only some don't work? If you use a separate profile does it work?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Have found the area that is causing the problem. If I select an email to "Reply or Forward" then after adding my message go to "Options/Forward" change default "Auto" to "Rich test HTML or plain text" it will send correctly. If you try sending in "Auto or Both" it will give the above error message and not send.