4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure the answer is out there I just don't know where to look.

I have a database that I use to keep track of the students and volunteers that sign up for our Vacation Bible School. The forms that I use are made up of information from several tables, for example, I have a Family Table, which is the basis for the form, and then there is also a Student Table, which is a sub form on the main form and tied to the Family with a Family ID number. I also have other tables such as Grade Levels and T-shirt sizes. It all works really well. A lot of help for putting it together came from this group.

Now what I would like to do is to be able to put my form on our web site, or on our Facebook Fan Page, and when someone enters and submits information have it fill in my Access form automatically. Is that possible? If it is, is there a lot of work involved? I'm only talking about 100 kids, which since there are some families with 2 or 3 children each, only about 50 or 60 forms total. Even then, I know that not everyone would fill it out on line. On the other hand, if it could be set up fairly simply, there are other events that we could possibly use it for.

If someone could point me in the right direction to do it, or tell me it just wouldn't be worth it for numbers this small, either way, I would appreciate the help.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Unfortunately putting a database on the web opens it up to malicious users and you soon find is is corrupted beyond repair.There are tried and tested methods for securing your data, but it is long and complex and probably beyond the scope of a 100 record database.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I have to agree with Paul - putting databases up on a webpage without a security mechanism is a useless exercise. Down the road, one possibility might be to put your database on a SharePoint server, but that technology is still in the test stage as I understand it.
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Kind of what I thought. Thanks for the input guys.