Thanks
    I just got a new laptop with Win7 Pro on it and for performance reasons I have switched to a Basic theme. I seem to be getting much better battery life. But how can I change the taskbar color? I go into Personalization control panel / Window Color and do not see any option to change the taskbar. As it is, I have white letters on a pale blue background, which is really hard to read.
    Bill Meacham
    bmeacham98 AT yahoo.com

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Go into Personalization. At the bottom go to Window Color. Then click Advanced Window Settings. There you will see the familiar color choices for all aspects of the Desktop.

Thanks
    I am using a Basic theme. In the Window Color control panel there is no Advanced tab. And in the list of things that I can change the color of, Taskbar does not appear. Is there a way to change the color or the font color of the taskbar in a Basic theme?
    Bill Meacham
    bmeacham98 AT yahoo.com

Lounger
    Thanks
    If your Win 7 PC is capable to use the aero interface and it is turned on (it is by default), then the taskbar ti transparent and whatever your wallpaper is, it shows through. It would not make sense (at least to me) to be able to change the taskbar color.
    Don Plorde

New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I chose a darker window color, it did change the color of my taskbar so there's more contrast.