4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    For some reason l am getting an error when l send emails in Thunderbird, see attachement for error l am getting.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have checked all my setting and they appear to be correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am able to received emails but not send them??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1972 View Post
    I am able to received emails but not send them??
    Check with your ISP for the correct settings - for example, you may need authentication, or to use a specific port.

(Lots of ISP's have FAQs with specific instructions for setting up, e.g.: 1&1 Webhosting FAQ | How do I setup Thunderbird to send and receive E-Mail? )

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    The SMTP server is not happy talking to you, it may block connections from your address or it may be broken. The normal message when you are not allowed to send is "relay denied".

cheers, Paul

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P T View Post
    The SMTP server is not happy talking to you, it may block connections from your address or it may be broken. The normal message when you are not allowed to send is "relay denied".

cheers, Paul

I have tried my ISp but they cannot help as they don't support T/bird, is there anyone who could help me?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jj1972 View Post
    I have tried my ISp but they cannot help as they don't support T/bird, is there anyone who could help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    (Lots of ISP's have FAQs with specific instructions for setting up, e.g.: 1&1 Webhosting FAQ | How do I setup Thunderbird to send and receive E-Mail? )
    So who is your ISP? Did you check out the links that Leif supplied? I used them when I set up TB for testing purposes.

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

Thanks
    Have you tried forwarding your outgoing email to your ISP server? This should have the right setup and should accept mail from you since you are already connected to their network.

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    When Thunderbird was upgraded from version 2 to version 3, quite a number of folks reported this problem. It's true that ultimately you'd have to check with your ISP about specific requirements, but those who upgraded presumably had their old settings saved, yet some found this problem. In many cases, the culprit was in "account settings" at the SMTP server settings, where there was a check in a box that says, " use name and password". Unchecking this saved many of us, and it's an easy thing to check. It's a trap, as we DO use our names and passwords, so we think. But, where that box appears, it means using them in a particular way. Just try it. If that doesn't fix it, start combing through the threads on this, such as http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_m..._thunderbird_3 .