New Lounger
    Thanks
    BigAl are you sure you don't live down south ???...lol

" Live .. Love .. Laugh "

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    No explanation should be necessary.
    I would be willing to sign that petition right now if it wasn't for one sticking point. There is that, nowadays, rare civil servant (note I did not say politician) that is actually doing the people's work while in office. That rare gem that is actually listening to his constituents and perfoming good deeds.

I think that instead of term limits we need an electorate that is willing to take the time to really pay attention to what their representatives are doing in office. Pay attention to the legislation they are supporting, pay attention to the alliances they are making.

Oh wait! What am I saying? That would mean that you would actually have to be involved in your local, state and federal government activities and elections! You would have to actually know where the candidates stand on the issues! You would have to know who is really backing them financially!

In short, we need voters that vote based on their knowledge and not on what they see on the TV, hear on the radio or printed in the newspaper advertisements! An educated voter is the best weapon to use against corrupt and abusive politicians!

I'll step off my soapbox now.
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse View Post
    I would be willing to sign that petition right now if it wasn't for one sticking point. There is that, nowadays, rare civil servant (note I did not say politician) that is actually doing the people's work while in office. That rare gem that is actually listening to his constituents and perfoming good deeds.

I think that instead of term limits we need an electorate that is willing to take the time to really pay attention to what their representatives are doing in office. Pay attention to the legislation they are supporting, pay attention to the alliances they are making.

Oh wait! What am I saying? That would mean that you would actually have to be involved in your local, state and federal government activities and elections! You would have to actually know where the candidates stand on the issues! You would have to know who is really backing them financially!

In short, we need voters that vote based on their knowledge and not on what they see on the TV, hear on the radio or printed in the newspaper advertisements! An educated voter is the best weapon to use against corrupt and abusive politicians!

I'll step off my soapbox now.
    Great idea.... but what fool that's in office will vote themselves into a corner?

SS did not get any increase but the fools in office did get there raises this year!
    Catz

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliez View Post
    Great idea.... but what fool that's in office will vote themselves into a corner?

SS did not get any increase but the fools in office did get there raises this year!
    Good point Pauliez. Not to get off on another rant but oh what the heck.

[attachment=87823:ranton.gif]Why is it that our politicians and government workers get to have a different health care package and retirement program? You don't see them cutting their health care benefits or raiding their retirement funds to cover budget shortfalls.

I say we move them all over into the same offerings that we get and see how much they want to rip it apart!

[attachment=87824:rantoff.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"