Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a simple little one-line macro -- at least at the moment -- to send a workbook.

[font="Comic Sans MS"] ThisWorkbook.SendMail "RAJ7", Range("A1").Value

However, it triggers a warning message from Outlook -- "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook Do you want to allow this?"

Is there a simple trick to bypassing this message, or to turn it off, send the workbook, and turn it on again?

I am wondering whether, if I used an address that was in the form "RAJ7@company.com" instead of just the first part, it would bypass Outlook's warning.

Ann[/font]

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by axsc View Post
    ThisWorkbook.SendMail "RAJ7", Range("A1").Value[/font][/b]

I am wondering whether, if I used an address that was in the form "RAJ7@company.com" instead of just the first part, it would bypass Outlook's warning.
    Hi Ann,

Yes, you will need to use:

ThisWorkbook.SendMail "RAJ7@company.com", Range("A1").Value

****You can also replace Range("A1").Value with "My subject", if you so wish.

You will still see the following Outlook security dialogue:

[attachment=87801:Email.GIF]

AFAIK, you cannot bypass this within Office itself, however I beleive that there are external utilities that can bypass the dialogue for you, "CLICKYES" being one of them > http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

I have no experience with this myself, as my need has always been in a work environment where such utilities are not allowed.

Regards
    Nathan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    You should find some useful alternatives here.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you! I'll test the Sending Mail with CDO, which looks the most likely. The "A1" reference picks up a subject line in the format "Report of " &B1 -- B1 being the cell showing the date of the report period. So that's okay as is.

L.P.H.,

Ann