5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Afternoon all

Please tell me that apart from password protection there is a way to turn off tracked changes forever!! It is a feature that I absoloutly hate when my workbooks come back. I would like if it is possible to have some sort of macro that I could put into each document that I make so that when I send it out it prohibits people from soing the tracked changes but does allow them to actually make the changes.

TIA
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    It would be very easy to write a Macro that would automatically accept all tracked changes whenever you open any document. Something like the following in a DocumentOpen event.
    Code:
        With ActiveDocument
            If .Revisions.Count > 0 Then
                .AcceptAllRevisions
            End If
        End With
    I cannot imagine wanting to do this, but I guess it takes all kinds.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartR View Post
    It would be very easy to write a Macro that would automatically accept all tracked changes whenever you open any document. Something like the following in a DocumentOpen event.
    Code:
        With ActiveDocument
            If .Revisions.Count > 0 Then
                .AcceptAllRevisions
            End If
        End With
    I cannot imagine wanting to do this, but I guess it takes all kinds.
    Thanks Stuart

I will try and implement this now. The reason that I want to do it is that I have to distribute documents of about 16 pages to 5 International and 3 national sites (only 1 document to any one site as a rule). If they use tracked changes it comes back to me with dotted lines, different colours and boxes all over the place and it is difficult for me to then do any meaningful work as the pagination and formatting seem to be all over the place. As I have the originals and I know what I put in them I can easily see what has changed.
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    You could also display the Reviewing toolbar, and select 'Final' in the dropdown - that would hide all of the revision marks.

Gary